Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Union High name controversy

  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Union High name controversy

    can you give me a break. some are complaining because the name Union High was used in Andy Griffith Show. Have any of these people googled Union High School? you have the name Union High all over the country. It has no bearing on if it was on the Andy Griffith show or not. It is a GREAT name for a school. Just take a second to google the name and see what comes up. sometimes I really hate people.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member red66's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    433
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Union High name controversy

    What does it really matter if it was used in the Andy Griffith Show? And it wasn't like Union High School was a focal point of the show at all. Now if it was something like Bayside High School then I can maybe see where somebody would think it was too cliche.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Union High name controversy

    Kind of dumb to think that hundreds of people conspired to pull some prank on them and name it after it, all would have had to watch the show, be friends and come together to vote it in. Some of these people are jut ignorant when it comes to this, harsh but true. It's "Mayberry Union High" I think anyway, anyone watched the movie "Lean on Me"? The name of that school was Eastside High, but do we hear anyone blathering about that? Give me a break.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Union High name controversy

    I would almost that most of the kids that came up with the name had never watched The Andy Griffith Show.lol

  5. #5
    Inactive Member red66's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    433
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Union High name controversy

    Now that I think of it, I think some stoners watching Dazed and Confused must have named Lee High.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •